LEARN TO PLAY PIANO/KEYBOARD IN JUST 10 MINUTES
Why you can learn to play keyboard/piano in just 10 minutes?
You cannot do this with Western European - The standard music notation of the world - because it is complicated. However, you can do it with 3JCN.
Look at Picture 1, you will see the comparision of basic music elements between 3JCN & the Standard. 3JCN's elements are so simple !
Why we need to remember a lot of different symbols for basic music elements in Western European? It wastes time and memory. Music is simple by its nature. Anybody can compose music by whistle, by humming, by singing, etc; even he/she does not know music theory. Therefore, music notation must be simple to reflect that music's characteristic. Everybody can enjoy learning and playing music.
After finishing this page, you should go to "Practice Songs" page to continue learning.
If you have a keyboard or a piano and you don't know how to play it, then you follow the following direction:
1. Mark your keyboard/piano:
- If you look at keys of piano or keyboard, you will see patterns of 5 black keys plus 7 white keys. Mark the middle pattern 4.
- Increase numbers on the right and decrease on the left. You will have numbers as in Picture 2a.
- In the middle pattern, mark the first white key (it is on the left of the two black keys) as "c" - this note is called "middle c"
- You continue to mark six white keys on the right of the middle c as d, e, f, g, a, and b
- You do the same thing for other patterns.
2. Every music note is represented in 3JCN notation with only number(s) and a letter. Rests will be represented by real numbers.
For example: Note " 5d1 " in the first line of the song TWINKLE, TWINKLE, LITTLE STAR in the Picture 2b below.
How to find this note on piano or keyboard?
You find the fifth octave which is marked by number 5 at the bottom as in Picture 2a. Then find key d in that octave.
The number 1 after note d shows the duration of this note (how long the note lasts). 1 can consider as one second long.
Similarly, note "3c1" will be in the third octave ( 3 ) and has duration 1".
Note "5d2" belongs to the fifth octave and has duration 2" (It lasts two seconds).
You can use a wall clock to play duration (times, beats). Every time the second needle ticks, that is one second passed by.
Special case: The first note in TWINKLE, TWINKLE, LITTLE STAR song is "g1". This note has no front numbers. In that case, the note belongs to middle C, the fourth octave ( 4 ). So "g1" is in 4 and has duration 1".
3. How to play the first line (10 notes as in Picture 3) in "TWINKLE, TWINKLE, LITTLE STAR" song ?
First, you should find all notes in the line and remember their positions. Then listen to the sound of the second needle of the wall clock's movement. You can use only one finger to play all notes (beginners). Play each note in one second until you reach the seventh note (5d2), wait one more second for this note, then play the rest "5c1 5c1 b1"
|| g1 g1 5d1 5d1 | 5e1 5e1 5d2 | 5c1 5c1 b1
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ---> ticks/beats
AT THE END OF THIS MONTH, ON 27, 28, AND 29, AUGUST 2010, I WILL HAVE 10 MIN-LIVE-SHOWS AT "LE HOI LONG DEN'" OF VIETNAMESE COMMUNITY INSIDE HOOVER HIGH SCHOOL, EL CAJON BLVD. YOU CAN HAVE LIVE FREE LESSONS "HOW TO PLAY PIANO IN 10 MINS" AT MY BOOT. SEE YOU THERE.